~A Veteran~

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount of "Up to and including my life". That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. - Author Unknown

Monday, July 27, 2009

Unemployed in Obamaland

Last year my daughter came to live with us, and soon afterwards gave birth to my first grandchild. At the time, I was unemployed 2 months mostly due to the fundraising pool beginning to dry up and then the issue of those who DID find my work vital--well they got hit by Madoff and his ponsie scheme.

So after talking to my husband, we agreed that for the time being, I could continue searching for a decent opportunity, but most of my 'work' would consist of taking care of my granddaughter.

Around December when the Christmas season was difficult, I went into overtime trying to find employment. Even if it meant something part-time or seasonal.

By this time, the elections had happened, and I was well aware Obama would take office in January. I tried to be open minded, but could not get passed "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes!"

It is now the end of July, and I am still unemployed. I checked my education, my office skills, my business skills, my administrative skills, and everything appears to be top notch. I checked my references both personal and professional, and again I see great individuals with whom I have forged great working relationships and private.

I continually hear about the unemployment rate rising, more people becoming disenfranchised with unemployment, and of course how many states are delaying unemployment compensation. I even tried to apply for unemployment myself! I have worked since 1982. I have paid into my unemployment. However I was denied. Most likely because of the timely manner by which I applied and the time frame the state is currently paying out.

So I continue to seek employment. I go to my local State Employment agency, I of course get every Sunday paper for the classifieds. I get hints from friends, and have broadened my horizons into past careers I have held.

I have enrolled full-time again to complete my BA. I have also jumped into a new career field as my minor. Still.... nothing.

So from this point forward, with our nation going bankrupt, my children and grand children's future being spent so quickly--I realize this is OBAMA'S FAULT! Never in my life has it been so difficult to become employed. NEVER!

Obama is ruining peoples lives. Mine included.

No comments: